Wednesday, August 23, 2006


Seems Like Old Times

My husband is still trying to cope with the New York Yankees crushing 5-game sweep of his beloved Red Sox over the past weekend. The Evil Empire dealt a crushing blow that has all but extinguished any hopes of post-season for the Bosox. I, on the other hand, am filled with great joy, for not only will St. Thomas of Glavine continue pitching for the New York Mets, but also Shawn Green formerly of the Arizona Diamondbacks, Los Angeles Dodgers, Toronto Blue Jays, and yes-- Syracuse Chiefs will be joining the team as well. This will reunite Green and Delgado again. I spent many nights at the old Mac Arthur Stadium watching them perfect their skills for the big leagues. I am totally thrilled. Sure, the Mets really needed a top tier pitcher, who doesn't? But face it, while Lastings Milledge has a lot of potential, he's not the guy I'd want playing outfield in the post season.

So good luck, Shawn. I'm glad I can cheer for you again, and I'm looking forward to seeing him in a Mets uniform.

No comments: