Sunday, August 06, 2006


Losin' It

The title of this blog definitely implies double meanings. As far as my sanity, I lost that a long time ago, and not a day goes by that I don't miss it. I've also lost some weight -- four pounds since I started using fitday.com a couple of weeks ago. I'm six pounds away from my ten pound goal. I seem to do better when I don't set very ambitious weight loss goals for myself. Unfortunately, after I lose the first ten I never seem to get motivated to go on to lose the next ten. Maybe I'm just meant to be voluptuous.

Last night I got together with my old pals. We go back twenty years to our partying days back in the eighties. R and I go all the way back to sophomore year in high school. We always have a great time hanging out and reminiscing, but I did some massive damage to my diet plan. The Rosemount Cabernet Sauvingot was flowing. I brought chips and a salsa dip. R brought all kinds of chocolate goodies. I definitely overindulged. There was one minor triumph; I didn't eat any of the "whoopie" pies (see photo) she brought.

Heck, I did finally finish painting my garden fence and put in a few miles at the lake yesterday so maybe I worked a glass of wine few M&Ms off.

1 comment:

Deathlok said...

Is there any of that pie left??