Thursday, May 11, 2006



A Year Without DayGlo

I'm working three days this week and doing a bang up job. It's been mostly coding not much design work. It's a bit frustrating because most of the site is in Active Server Pages; I don't know jack about coding asp. Today I was back in my HTML tables world so it wasn't too bad. I just put on the headphones and listened to hidebound all afternoon. Speaking of tunes, I finally figured out how to access D's music server. He's got a ton of 80s tunes. I was totally shocked to see he had a copy of Pet Shop Boys' "Absolutely Fabulous!" I've been looking for that song for a year! It has a lot of sentimental memories connected to my Day Glo friends attached to it.

I can't believe it's been a whole year since DayGlo Radio went down. Deathlok recently posted a blog in tribute to the site several weeks ago. It really was more than an internet radio station, it was also a tremendous online community. Those of us who really cared to keep in touch, in my opinion, have done a pretty good job, especially when you consider how geographically dispersed we are. Still it's not the same. Unfortunately, as the cliche goes, "all good things come to an end." I'm hoping if we all stick together and keep working at it, that at least the friendships we've made through DayGlo won't end.

3 comments:

Token Asian said...

They're just gloing on in the Vault!!!!!! I hope we can make Friday Happy Hours a weekly tradition without having to send invites!!!!!

Clinkies,

80s Girl

Deathlok said...

I was proudly wearing my DayGlo T-Shirt the other day.

~sniff~

Anonymous said...

I was gonna do T-Shirts, but my designer seems to have forgotten she promised to do a design for me.

Too bad I don't know any other designers . . .