Saturday, June 14, 2008

Well I did it!

I entered the Strawberry fun run/walk at Syracuse University's Strawberry Festival yesterday. Unlike most of the University's events that are targetted at students, the Strawberry Festival is for faculty and staff. The big draw is the strawberry shortcakes and sundaes, but there are other events going on in conjunction with it. I participated in fun run/walk. I, of course, doing the walking, not the running. Unfortunately the temperature was around 77 degrees with close to 100% humidity. Yuck. I did however, finish the two mile walk. My time was 35:49. That's a little on the slow side for me; I can usually walk a mile at a little under 15 minutes. I blame my slower time on the humidity, and the gravel path on the second half of the course. I also wasn't the last person to finish. There were a bunch of folks who finished after I did.

I'm also making good progress on my diet, too. I didn't partake of the goodies at the strawberry festival. And so far I've lost 7 pounds. I told myself that I wasn't buying any new clothes until I lost some weight so, I went earlier today online and bought $50 in new summer stuff!

No comments: