Friday, May 09, 2008

Wow! That was Fast!

Despite CNN's Lou Dobbs continually telling everyone how our government is broken, at least one part of the State Department is working. I had heard all kinds of horror stories about long waits for passport renewals, so with all the best intentions to get my renewal in the mail after the first of the year, I finally managed to mail it out three weeks ago. The lady at the post office told me to send it certified with signature confirmation. I did that on April 19, and a week ago last Wednesday, April 30 I got that little green confirmation postcard to let me know that the processing center got the old passport. Yesterday I received my new passport with a really cool patriotic eagle illustration on the inside cover to boot! I thought it would take months, but it was really about 10 business days if you don't count the time in transit.

Well, maybe like they say on the weight-loss aid advertisements: "results may not be typical." But, hey it worked for me. Now, if I only had some foreign country to travel to.

No comments: